"The only thing we are serious about is not being serious!"
Welcome to the
Saturday Social Golf Days tribe!
A fun, relaxed way to get comfortable playing golf😃
What are the Saturday Social Golf Days all about?
Watch the video to hear from your host
PGA of Australia Member
What are we all about?
The Saturday Social Golf Days are a relaxed, low-stress way to get comfortable playing the game of golf.
With an emphasis on Fun, Learning and Socialising, this is the perfect way for those who have felt intimidated by the game to get comfortable on the course.
It is the ideal place for beginners getting started in the game, former golfers who are just getting back into the game, current golfers who would like to introduce new friends or family to the game and anyone who's main emphasis is to get out on the course and enjoy the game without the stress of serious competition golf.
These days are hosted by Certified PGA of Australia Member - Paul Williamson, who has over 25 years of experience helping everyday golfers to enjoy the game more.
Feel free to contact Paul if you have any questions
Check out the FAQ section below
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Saturday Social Golf Days like?
We play a team Ambrose format to once again reduce the stress of having to hit every shot well. If you don't know what that means, don't worry, we will explain it all to you on the day.
This format is very social and gives everyone a chance to try all shots in the round without the pressure of having to hit a good shot every time.
The rules and etiquette of the game are very relaxed during these days on purpose.
While serious golfers are welcome, the purpose of the days is to create a comfortable learning environment for beginners or those wanting to get more comfortable on the course. If serious golfers wish to join in with friends or family, then it will be their job to help TEACH the new golfer's safety and good behavior on the course.
There are plenty of other competitions for serious golfers to play elsewhere and Paul will be more than happy to point you in the direction of these.
Who is this tribe for?
This is for -
- Anyone who has some basic skills in golf but hasn't played much on the course.
- Graduates of any 'Get into Golf' programs or clinics looking for somewhere to play.
- Anyone who has the basic skills of hitting, chipping and putting.
- Current golfers who have friends or family just getting into the game and want to introduce them to the course and the game in a less intimidating way.
- Anyone who just wants to have fun on the golf course and competition golf is of no interest.
- Individuals, pairs and groups of friends are all welcome.
This is not serious golf, just as much fun as possible!
Who is this tribe not for?
This NOT for -
- Anyone who is too serious about their golf.
- Sticklers for the full rules of golf. Anyone who's anger and bad behavior on the course makes others feel uncomfortable.
- Anyone who gets frustrated with playing with new golfers and isn't willing to help them learn.
- Anyone breaching the above is NOT WELCOME and will be asked to leave the group.
- There are plenty of other places to play serious golf and Paul is more than happy to guide you to them.
When are these days held?
Run fortnightly on Saturday afternoons @Emerald Lakes GC.
Tee times start from 2:30 pm. We are finished by around 5:30 - 6 pm
Up coming dates can be found above
Bookings are essential.
Where are they held?
Emerald Lakes Golf Course (Cnr Alabaster drive and Nerang Broadbeach road).
We will meet at the putting green near the clubhouse.
How much do these days cost?
All this for only $49
(You can't even get 9 holes in a cart on a Saturday @Emerald Lakes GC for this price!)
To be paid to Paul on the day prior to tee off or via direct transfer before the day to the below account
Please place your name in the description for my reference.
My Westpac account details are:
Account Name - Paul Williamson Golf
Bookings are essential!
What is included?
Green Fees for 9 holes
Shared Cart Hire for 9 holes
An after round Tap Beer, House Wine, Soft Drink or Water
PGA Member roving the course offering advice
Prizes for achievements
Socialising with a like-minded tribe of people!
Do I need my own clubs?
No. You can hire clubs from the pro shop